First Grade News
At home learning is in full swing!
It sounds like many of you are doing a good job finding a daily routine. Keeping a schedule helps everyone!
Here are a few "Schedule options"....
- READING (out loud and silently)
- MATH fact practice through 20
- HANDWRITING ( messages/notes/letters to family, mail them or tape them around your house)
- SINGING some familiar songs
- Telling jokes... laughter is essential
- Checking on our Eagle family... write about what you observe
- WRITING, journal about this "season" of first grade, what you do, how you feel
- BRAIN GYM exercises that you know and can teach your family
- QUIET time
- BUSY playtime!
- Walks together to enjoy signs of spring
- Arts and crafts ( great "directed drawing" online... we like those at school, too!)
- Science experiments
Take care, be safe, stay healthy.... I miss you!!! Sending lots of hugs!!!!
Here are some district links for you....
- All subjects, lessons - https://www.gulllakecs.org/richland/student-life/gl-continuous-learning-k-2
- GL at Home Learning Materials
- Flipgrid .. all first grade classes: 1st Grade: https://flipgrid.com/dbcb6682
Minecraft: All students (and teachers) have access to the Minecraft: Education Edition by signing in with their email. The linked site has a build challenge and video tutorials for downloading Minecraft and sharing to Flipgrid.
At-Home Care Resources from Integrated Services of Kalamazoo (Formerly CMH)
- Coping during COVID-19 from Integrated Services of Kalamazoo (Formerly CMH): Share with families who need support during this time.