Welcome new 2022-2023 Students!
Welcome to a year of learning fun!
Mrs. Koets’ beginning of school student supply list for 2022-2023:
- Glue sticks
- SHARPENED pencils
- optional…..Markers/ “fat ones” , please
- I will have crayons, pencils, and glue sticks for student use as well!
Class supplies for September:
Each month there will be certain things our class will need each student to send to school. Thank you in advance for your support!!
- Container of wet ones/ anti- bacterial wipes
- Pump waterless hand sanitizer
- Box of Kleenex/ tissues
- Gallon AND sandwich size “Ziploc” type baggies
THANK YOU!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!
Welcome Videos from years past:
Our flowers are blooming outside our classroom! Remember when Mrs. Rundle helped us plant these daffodil bulbs? The tulips are starting to bloom too! Hooray!
Welcome to Mrs. Koets' First Grade Class
What a fun year we have in store for first grade!!!!
Please visit this site for upcoming events, monthly supplies, class information, and more!!
We will be studying weather, seasons, combinations of 10 ( addition and subtraction),writing complete thoughts, reading short vowel words,and increasing fluency and stamina with our reading
Please plan 2 HEALTHY snacks each day with your child... we will discuss snacks that are good for our brains! :)
Ready for some reading to "stretch our brains"???....new book orders…. you may order on line... class code H3CGV
Please read with your child READ READ READ each night for 15 minutes…
Students need gym shoes and an art shirt!! Thank you!
Thank you for your support!!!
First Grade News
At home learning is in full swing!
It sounds like many of you are doing a good job finding a daily routine. Keeping a schedule helps everyone!
Here are a few "Schedule options"....
- READING (out loud and silently)
- MATH fact practice through 20
- HANDWRITING ( messages/notes/letters to family, mail them or tape them around your house)
- SINGING some familiar songs
- Telling jokes... laughter is essential
- Checking on our Eagle family... write about what you observe
- WRITING, journal about this "season" of first grade, what you do, how you feel
- BRAIN GYM exercises that you know and can teach your family
- QUIET time
- BUSY playtime!
- Walks together to enjoy nature
- Arts and crafts ( great "directed drawing" online... we like those at school, too!)
- Science experiments
Take care, be safe, stay healthy.... I miss you!!! Sending lots of hugs!!!!
Here are some district links for you....
- All subjects, lessons - https://www.gulllakecs.org/richland/student-life/gl-continuous-learning-k-2
- GL at Home Learning Materials
- Flipgrid .. all first grade classes: 1st Grade: https://flipgrid.com/dbcb6682
Minecraft: All students (and teachers) have access to the Minecraft: Education Edition by signing in with their email. The linked site has a build challenge and video tutorials for downloading Minecraft and sharing to Flipgrid.
At-Home Care Resources from Integrated Services of Kalamazoo (Formerly CMH)
- Coping during COVID-19 from Integrated Services of Kalamazoo (Formerly CMH): Share with families who need support during this time.